Become a Champion of Justice
Advocating fair and effective criminal justice in the courts, the legislature and in the community…
Now More Than Ever
Be a Champion of Justice!
MILESTONES: Some of NMCDLA’s Accomplishments in 2019:
- Passed some of the strongest-in-the-country legislation on solitary confinement
- Hosted our 7th annual Trial Skills College that included 20 public defenders from across the state for 2.5 days of intensive, on-your-feet training
- Advocated for a new expungement law and trained members on how it can help their clients and former clients.
- Lifted our voices and perspectives through the media on pre-trial detention, wrongful arrests, excess force by police and other criminal justice reform issues.
- Provided over 3,000 hours of CLE credits during the year
FUTURE GOALS: With YOUR added support we can:
- Organize a national seminar during the International Balloon Fiesta with Larry Pozner on Advanced Cross Examination
- Educate policy makers in evidence-based programs over prisons as the sensible approach to public safety
- Re-design and enlarge NMCDLA’s resource library of motions and briefs
- Defend against efforts to keep non-violent and unconvicted people in jail under pre-trial detention
- Offer members expanded resources through a new and effective website
- Take on increasingly critical roles in rule-making, evidence and other Supreme Court committees, specifically related to bail reform and pre-trial interviews.
- Expand Defender Wellness resources and programming to help lawyers maintain their careers with a healthy work/life balance
With your donation, you will receive:
- Recognition as Champion of Justice on the NMCDLA website with your individual or firm’s or business’s name, logo or photo, link to website, and a brief written description
- Acknowledgement of Contribution on NMCDLA’s Listserve
- A custom badge to display on your website to show you are an NMCDLA Champion of Justice
- Imprint on our Champion of Justice Recognition Board displayed in the NMCDLA office and at all CLE seminars in 2018
Become a Champion of Justice today!
Click on the donate button below to make a one-time, $1,000 donation.
Click on the subscribe button below to sign up for automatic, monthly payments of $100 for 10 months.
Note, to utilize the automatic, monthly payments feature in PayPal, you need to have a PayPal account or create a PayPal account. Please contact the NMCDLA office if you have questions. Thank you!
*Non-Profit Status: The New Mexico Criminal Defense Lawyers Association is a 501(c) (6) tax-exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions, gifts and dues to the NMCDLA are not tax deductible as charitable contributions.